The Home Campus
Banks Hall. A residence hall completed in 1967, Banks houses 108 students in double rooms. There are hall baths, special study rooms, and activity lounges on each floor. A computer lab is located on the second floor.
Bass Commons. Dedicated in 1978, the front campus area is a park-like setting and location for the Ivy Chain ceremony.
Brown Hall. Constructed in 1995, this building houses studios for painting, design, ceramics, drawing, printmaking and photography, as well as art faculty offices. General classrooms are located on the lower level.
Buchanan Hall. Constructed in 1977 and named for Genevieve Koontz Buchanan, this building provides general classrooms, student computer labs and houses the administrative computer and technology services centers.
Cultural Arts Center. International art gallery and educational center, located at 709 North Eighth Street.
Dorsey Hall. Attached to the east wing of St. Clair Hall by a covered walkway, Dorsey Hall is primarily a classroom building, completed in 1911. Dorsey Hall also houses the Jane Froman studio, chapel, and classrooms. Dorsey Gym is used for receptions and conferences.
Dulany Hall. Built in 1965, Dulany Hall contains dining facilities. It is also used as a multipurpose area for social functions and receptions, and houses the Trustee Room and Cougar Room.
Hughes Hall. Built in a traditional English design in 1939, Hughes Hall houses 64 women in double-room suites. Kitchen facilities are located on each floor and a formal parlor is on the main floor. A computer lab is also available on the main floor. The ground level houses the College Bookstore.
Larson Gallery. Dedicated in May 1996, Larson Gallery is located on the first floor of Brown Hall. It features periodic exhibitions of visual art including works from practicing artists and various collections. It is free and open to the public.
Launer Auditorium and Student Center. Launer Auditorium, built in 1903 and attached to St. Clair Hall by a covered walkway, was renovated in 1992 and again in 1997. It seats over 500 for convocations and artistic performances. The ground level houses the Wellness Center, the Student Center, and associated student government and campus life administrative offices.
Miller Hall. Completed in 1960, Miller Hall is the largest residence hall on campus, housing 154 students in double-room suites connected by full baths. It contains kitchen facilities, study rooms and a computer lab.
Missouri Hall. Completed in 1920, Missouri Hall houses the admissions, registration, transcripts and evaluation offices, the Center for Academic Excellence, and rooms for short-stay guests of the College.
Robnett-Spence Laboratories and Health Center. Built in 1969, Robnett-Spence houses the James Walton Science Laboratories and the Health Center.
St. Clair Hall. The main administration building, St. Clair was built in 1900 from pressed brick and Bedford stone in an Elizabethan style. Most administrative offices and faculty offices are located on the first and second floors. The third floor houses faculty offices, general classrooms and the College archive. Mail and duplicating services, the accounting office and the financial aid office are located on the garden level.
Southwell Complex Gymnasium. Dedicated in 1988, the Southwell Gymnasium is home to the Columbia College Cougar basketball and volleyball squads. Southwell also houses locker rooms and the sports information coordinator's office.
Southy Building. Built in 1986, this building houses athletic offices and the indoor fitness center.
Stafford Library. Completed in fall of 1989, the J.W. and Lois Stafford Library houses all library collections and audiovisual materials. The Curriculum Resource Center and one classroom are also located in this building.
Wightman Maintenance Building. This building houses the maintenance, housekeeping and grounds departments.
Williams Hall. Purchased in 1851, Williams Hall is the oldest college building in continuous use for educational purposes west of the Mississippi River. Previously the music building, Williams Hall now houses business administration faculty offices and general classrooms.
|Copyright © 1999-2002 Columbia College. All rights reserved.|