- Visitor slots
- Fire lanes
- All disabled slots (unless displaying a state-issued permit and/or license plate)
- Any roadway where the vehicle becomes an obstruction in the traffic lane
- Areas where signs and road markings prohibit parking
- Sidewalks, walkways, lawns or other cultivated area
All motorcycles are subject to the same regulations as other motor vehicles. They may not be parked at bike racks or driven on sidewalks. Any unlicensed vehicle, such as scooters, may be parked at bike racks, and owners are not required to purchase parking permits. This will keep them from using much-needed parking lot spaces. These vehicles also must be locked on the bike rack to prevent theft.
Display of Permits
Permits must be hung from the rearview mirror in a manner so that all printed information may be viewed when looking through the windshield. Motorcycle stickers must be located in plain sight.
Violations and Fines
The fine for any parking violation issued by Columbia College shall be assessed in the amount of $20. Violations include:
- parking in a Columbia College lot without a visible permit
- obstructing traffic
- parking in fire lanes or handicapped spaces
- residents parking in non-resident spaces
- non-residents parking in resident spaces
- parking in no-parking areas
City of Columbia authorities, as well as Columbia College Campus Safety, may issue tickets and/or tow a vehicle at the owner’s expense for fire lane and handicap violations. A third violation will result in towing at the owner’s expense. Fines will automatically be charged to your student account.
Columbia College assumes no responsibility for any vehicle parked on or near college property. It is the responsbility of the owner to take precautions against damage to, or theft of or from any vehicle.